Skip to main content

Beautiful People { January Edition }


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Finally got around to the Beautiful People blog link up again! If you'd like to participate go to Cait's blog Paper Fury.

Here are the questions and my answers, and also some great quotes!


1. How many years have you been writing?When did you officially consider yourself a ‘writer’?
I've been writing since before I can remember, but I haven't always been as serious about it.
For a while I was in to painting and drawing. But eventually I realized that I really love writing. Even then I didn't start writing regularly until about a year and half ago, when I realized the only way to write was by writing.

2. How/why did you start writing?
Because I love to. I started writing with thoughts then paper and pen ;) Lol. Maybe this was answered in the above question.
Writing is just something that is a part of me and helps me know what I think better.


3. What’s your favorite part of writing?
All of it! The originality. That it's mine. I love when really good ideas come to me.
But of course, I just like writing the words down, letting them fly from my pen. Making something happen from nothing.


4. What’s your biggest writing struggle?
Making time to write. To keep going when I get stuck. Or feeling I don't know enough, either through experience or knowledge to accurately be able to describe what I'm writing.
Also it's really hard to write when something huge is going on.


5. Do you write best at night or day?
I can write best when ever I make myself write, though I usually write in the morning.


6. What does your writing space look like?(Feel free to show us pictures!)
My writing space is wherever I am, or my room, and it is usually clean. But it can be cluttered with lots of books and papers every where. I have encyclopedias, a globe, reference books, collections of different sorts and other things of interest close at hand for my writing.
And many ink pens and note books!


7. How long does it typically take you to write a complete draft?
Depends on how long the draft is :) The last couple stories have taken about a month and a half each. Short stories just a couple hours or a couple days.


8. How many projects do you work on at once?
I usually work on one main long project, but do many short stories, essays, articles and poetry through out that writing time.


9. Do you prefer writing happy endings, sad ones, or somewhere in between?
I actually love sad endings. But I never write totally sad. I like giving my book a satisfactory ending. Whether sad or happy, it needs to be worthy of finishing. Not just an ending that disgusts. And happy endings can do this just as much as any other.


10. List a few authors who’ve influenced your writing journey.
C. S. Lewis, George MacDonald, Katherine Paterson, Elizabeth George Spears, Patricia MacLachlan, and I'm sure I could think of others.


11. Do you let people read your writing? Why or why not?
I used to not because I wasn't for sure how others would respond to it, but a writing challenge on Ravelry.com forced me to share it more.
Still, I rarely let any one read my stuff until the last draft and most of the edits are done. I still get nervous when people read my stuff. :)


12. What’s your ultimate writing goal or dream?
To be published and write more books, forever! And know that my stuff inspires others in their lives.


13. If you didn’t write, what would you want to do?
I don't know. Besides having a family some day, be a nanny or tutor/teach.


14. Do you have a book you’d like to write one day but don’t feel you’re ready to attempt it yet?
Yes. It needs lots of research. Way too much. And the plot needs to he handled very carefully, or it could give the wrong impression.


15. Which story has your heart and won’t let go?
All of them :) The one I'm currently working on "Silent Thoughts", and the one I've been working on off and one for the last couple years, "Perfect" mostly.
Also I can't get two of my short stories out of my head, as of lately. One is called "The Last Song" and the other was something like "The Journey of the Book." Both I've written first drafts for. I'll be doing them up again here soon.






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Comments

Popular Posts

Living Like The Amish: Interviews With Three "English" Families PART I

Many people are obsessed with the Amish. I know at one time I was as well, and to a degree I still am. But my perception  has changed with experience. It started a long time ago when my family went to an Amish-held auction (no, it's not a place where you can buy Amish children, but a place where you can buy things from the Amish). I was eleven years old and enthralled to be surrounded by so many Amish. I loved the cockscomb flowers they sold everywhere. I bought a whole box for $2 and dried them for seeds so I could plant my own. But then I experienced my first reality shock concerning the Amish. I had assumed since they lived a simpler life everything about them was completely old-fashioned and natural. Imagine my horror when I saw Amish walking around with soda cans and store-bought ice cream. " Mom ," I said. "He's drinking soda!"  Left to right, back row: Jonny, Jonathan (Dad). Front row: Jacob, Keturah, Rebekah (Mom), Jonah (on Mom's

How Bad Can I Be?: Lyrics That Make You Go "Wow!"

How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of nature (principal of nature) That almost every creature knows Called survival of the fittest (survival of the fittest) And check it this is how it goes The animal that is has got to scratch and bite and claw and bite and punch And the animal that doesn't (well the animal that doesn't) winds up Someone else's lu-lu-lu-lu-unch! (I'm just saying') How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of business (principal of b

Peace During Patience

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” - Philippians 4:6 My family and I were sitting around the breakfast table several months ago. Mom had just read this verse. One of the kids laughed incredulously, “What is it saying? Be careful for nothing – live recklessly?” “No,” I answered quickly. My tone was very matter-of-fact, blunt, as if I were all-knowing. “It means do not worry.” The kids all nodded among themselves and life continued on for them. But for me life paused at my words. I had heard this verse soooooooo many times. I had always known what it meant. But now? Now it really meant something . “Do not worry.” This path I've chosen. I can not see it. I can not feel it. I do not know where I am. I have chosen to follow God, and no other. But why did He hide the light from my eyes? I must take a step forward. But I do not want to. How long w

Inside The Land Of The Free

Hello. My name is Greg.  I have a lot of time to think. Too much time. Sometimes I think about my life - why I am sitting in prison. I wonder what I could have done different - my life plays before my eyes. "If only..." But even I know that no amount of good works would have stopped tyranny from finding fault with me. It is cold. My clothes are thin. My stomach is empty - occasionally filled with food of no sustenance.  I hide my face in my knees - as if that will somehow protect me from the horrors of this dark cold dungeon.  They keep it cold to freeze me, this I know. It is a part of their game - to drive a lesson into me. As if I have a lesson to learn solely because I was convicted. Convicted, but not  guilty. Years.  68 years for standing against injustice. How many years have I sat in here? I have forgot. All I know is this question, "Was I fated for this? Did God grant my birth