1. WHAT GENRES, STYLES, AND TOPICS DO YOU WRITE ABOUT?
I write many different genres, styles, and topics.
I love art. And so I experiment with it all. I do like writing first person the best.
I love expressing deep emotions and thoughts all at once. I love fiction that makes you think and feel. The perfect ending is this: like a sunset, bittersweet, even though it's over and dark, there is the knowledge of future hope.
For non-fiction I love writing about what is on my heart of I am currently opinionated on. This includes ideas I am thinking about, my struggles, and articles on anti-feminism, homosexuality, roles and duties in friendships and love, honesty, and life.
I like people and ideas, and so I write about both.
I also really enjoy writing moral fairy tales.
2. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN WRITING?
For as long as I can remember. When I was little I was drawing and writing books, stapling them together. I still have those books :) They were going to be best sellers at one point of my childhood ;)
3. WHY DO YOU WRITE?
For so many reasons. Let's bullet point them :)
- I know it's my calling and gift from God to do so.
- Because it's what I know. I am good at it, so I do it.
- Because I feel I have to.
- It helps me get through things.
- I want to change the world through edification and inspiration.
- I love art - and this is just another form.
- To show the world that reality is meant to be lived in and embraced, not hidden from.
4. WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO WRITE?
Early, early, early morning. When the house is quiet and my mind is still tired and fresh.
Or when ever I have a pressing thought on my mind.
5. PARTS OF WRITING YOU LOVE VS. PARTS YOU HATE?
I love to just write.
Sometimes I hate just writing.
Editing is OK... it's part of the process. Necessary. So, I can't hate it.
6. HOW DO YOU OVERCOME WRITERS BLOCK?
I don't allow myself to even acknowledge that phrase.
Either I'm writing what I need to write or I'm lazy. No such thing as writers's block.
There are times when life is just giving me the opposite vibe that my writing calls for. In those times I just don't write... those vibes only last a day to a couple at a time. And are rare.
7. ARE YOU WORKING ON SOMETHING AT THE MOMENT?
Yes... and I just finished something! My first novel (5 years of work!) is now done. It's called Perfect.
It's about a small group of kids, the choice of one, and how they are all affected by the consequences of that one choice and their own decisions of how to react toward it.
72k words, it's my longest work :)
And if any of you want to read it, please let me know!
Besides that, I am working on the Fur Slipper and several of my other stories.
8. WRITING GOALS THIS YEAR?
Right now I am just trying to figure out life, and write as I do that. I have no huge goals. Just write and see what God brings in any aspect of my life, writing and non-writing. I am working on one thing at a time, and just learning and practicing faith and trust.