In a way, this is silly post... except it's not ;)
I have really learned a lot from embroidering.
But that could be said about anything we take up in life ;)
- It's taught me to endure/ to have patience
- It's taught me how to slow down and be meticulous
- It's taught me how to strategize (Which color should I use first, and from where should I start and go to cover the most space efficiently?)
- It's taught me to appreciate art
- It's taught me how to use colors in complimentary ways
- It's taught me creativity
- It's taught me how to be both perfectionist and how to just let things be done enough
- It's taught me that pain CAN result in beauty
- It's taught me that consequences are a result of actions
- It's taught me that time is irrelevant - actions are what count in the end
- It's taught me beauty can spring from dull, ordinary things
- It's taught me that accomplishment is a worthy feeling to achieve
And as you see, these are things you can learn from anything...and I'm sure that I didn't just learn these from embroidering, but other life skills, too. But still...it's some neat things to learn from such a beautiful art.