Hopefully you enjoy my main character, Cassie. She can seem a little intimidating from a first glance, but once you get to know her as Amanda has you will love her.
1. What first inspired this character? Is there a person/actor you based them off?
To tell you the truth I'm not sure how this character came into being. She's nothing like me. She sort of came out of a dream along with the plot.
After that a lot of thought and imagination. When I had been writing about Cassie for two years I did meet someone that reminded me a little of her, so sometimes I will observe this person for ideas when writing my MC, Cassie.
2. Describe their daily routine.
I haven't thought about that much. My stories don't move through a routine but through major plot points.
I'd say it looks like this: Sleep, get up and run out of her room grabbing something to eat, work, get through the day as best as possible, drive home thinking about anything and everything, home, paint and listen to music, ignore people besides best friend, then sleep. Day starts and ends the same.
3. If they joined your local high school, what clique would they fit into?
I don't think we would get along for sure.
Besides that, we are both homeschooled. I'd have all the friends, but more people would look at her envious of her supposed self confidence.
But still, I'd have all the friends because Cassie doesn't really like people.
If she joined the school...she'd probably take over but never have close friends...yet all would look up to her. She would probably be a popular girl and she'd probably pass through school with out any stress - besides the fact that she was surrounded by idiots.
4. Write a list of things they merely tolerate. Ex: certain people, foods, circumstances in their lives…
People. Especailly certain people.
Everyone else's supposed kindness.
5. How do they react in awkward silences?
Re-act? Awkward? Cassie would be the one to cause the awkward silence in order to get rid of the person.
When she's with people she likes there's never an awkward silence...unless they are talking about personal things that she doesn't even want to think about.
Then Cassie would re-act in anger.
6. Can they swim? If so, how did they learn?
I would suppose so. She probably forced herself to learn when ever she saw her younger brother doing it.
Since he was more nerdy and she was considered more active she could never let him do something of that sorts better than herself.
7. What is one major event that helped shape who they are?
Can't say because of spoilers, but mostly has to do with emotional choices concerning events surrounding a very dear one.
8. What things do they value most in life?
Her best friend.
9. Do they believe in giving other people second chances? Do they have any trust issues?
Second chances? Ha! Cassie won't even give someone a first chance! It takes her five seconds to evaluate a person, and once that person has brem determined in her mind that is all that matters.
As to trust? She trusts that all will do exactly as she has judged them to do.
10. Your character is having a rough day…what things do they do to make them happy again? Is there anyone they talk/interact with to get in a better mood?
Cassie would preferably paint a mural, but if there is no clear wall, paper will do. And music. Especially that one song that her best friend gave her.
Also talking to Amanda always soothes her. Also makes her work through whatever is clogging up her brain
And yes, that is my Cassie. She has some problems, I will admit, but don't we all? LOL. Honestly...what do you think?