Visit the PaperFury blog to join the link up.
1. What is their secret desire?
To stop what happened to himself in his childhood from happening again. Though this desire is almost secret to even himself ( Taylor ).
2. What is the best and brightest moment they experience during the story? When He finds out what he's actually meant to do, and gives up his whole life for a better, scarier adventure. Taylor learns that sometimes it takes a while to realize what you actually want can be different than what you think you want.
3. What are the emotional places your characters are afraid to go to? Themselves. The past. The future. Sometimes it is just easier living now and forgetting what happened and what may happen.
4. Is there a place/city/room where they will never go? Why? No. Not really.
5. If they were permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? (Why?) As this actually happens, Taylor would easily throw out everything. Possessions mean nothing to him. It's people he can't leave behind.
6. What do they want (consciously and tangibly)? An easy life full of fun and adventure.
7. On the other hand: what do they need (on the emotional, subconscious level)? Something that will awaken him to the harsh reality of what life is like for others.
8. If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be? His speach deffect... ( can't say too much without giving something away ;b ).
9. What is the most humiliating event of their life? (Slight Spoiler ) Something to do with the way he controls his speach / thoughts.
10. What things do they turn to when they need a bit of hope?His best friend Mashaki and the professor. Also, Hedley, another friend of his through out the course of the book. Taylor normally just forgets about it, though, and pushes whatever is bothering him, away.