Skip to main content

Beautiful Books #3









1. On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), how well do you think this book turned out?
It's my book, so of course it's awesome ;). But, no really, I do feel like I have written a great story here. Since it is still in mostly first draft form, I'll give it a six - I doubt most others could understand it yet :b.


2. Have you ever rewritten or edited one of your books before? If so, what do you do to prepare yourself? If not, what’s your plan?
I have completed several short stories before. I don't exactly know what you mean.... plenty of rewriting, lots of work, an aching hand, and just wait to see what ever the characters decide to say. :D


3. What’s your final word count? Do you plan to lengthen or trim your book?
13,864. Just look at that number. Yup, I'll try to lengthen it. Something I don't have much luck with ever.


4. What are you most proud of? Plot, characters, or pacing?
All of it! I have some very unique characters, some great plot twists, and I'm finally getting the hang of pacing :b Ok, it is my book...I can be proud, can't I? :D

5. What’s your favorite bit of prose or line from this novel?
From the second draft hinting to my readers of something more to my care free character ( by the way, this is not necessarily my favorite, just what I found, looking really quick. ):
The sky was eerie, and reminded him of a day he would not remember or think about. The feeling of final accomplishment was drowned out by some heavy nightmare.


6. What aspect of your book needs the most work?
Ok, I'll be honest - the whole thing. But it is the first draft...so, eh, yeah. Two things that need working on are Taylor's job and the pacing of the journeys.

7. What aspect of your book is your favourite?
I love how my characters communicate. How they are so high- tech and still want more....kind of.

8. How are your characters? Well-rounded, or do they still need to be fleshed out?
A couple of them could use some more depth, but most have their own personality already.


9. If you had to do it over again, what would you change about the whole process?
Nothing. I love my process. Maybe be less tired and write more. I don't know. I'm happy with it.

10. Did anything happen in the book that completely surprised you? Have any scenes or characters turned out differently to what you planned? Good or bad?
Just about everything has been a surprise. The only charcuterie planned was the main charcuterie. The rest just came. Same with the details and most of the plot.

11. What was the theme and message? Do you think they came across? If not, is there anything you could do to bring them out more?
My theme message was discerning truth for yourself, and not believing what others or the world tell you. Defiantly got that one done. The other one isn't so obvious, but was an analogy on thoughts. I think that one is pretty clear.


12. Do you like writing with a deadline (like NaNoWriMo) or do you prefer to write-as-it-comes?
I do okay either way. The GTW 100 for 100 has defiantly motivated me, though.


13. Comparative title time! What published books, movies, or TV shows are like your book? (Ex: Inkheart meets X-Men.)
Let's see...I have no idea. AFTER EARTH meets HARD TIMES and LYDDIE. That's totally crazy. :D


14. How do you celebrate a finished novel?!
Email my friends :b Say, "Who wants to read this!" Ice cream would be great if someone else wanted to buy it ;).


15. When people are done reading your book, what feeling do you want them to come away with?
I want my reader to feel like they just read something unique and special, that they could relate to my characters, the ending would make them sigh with satisfaction, and that they could possibly have even learned something worth while from it.
Because if you aren't learning, then you've got to be doing just the opposite - getting dumber. And that sure isn't what my books are suppose to do :)

So I hope some of you all find this interesting, because I had fun doing it!


Comments

  1. I look forwards to reading your book! I don't know what it is about though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's rather complicated. All the beautiful book link ups have been about the same book SILENT THOUGHTS.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Living Like The Amish: Interviews With Three "English" Families PART I

Many people are obsessed with the Amish. I know at one time I was as well, and to a degree I still am. But my perception  has changed with experience. It started a long time ago when my family went to an Amish-held auction (no, it's not a place where you can buy Amish children, but a place where you can buy things from the Amish). I was eleven years old and enthralled to be surrounded by so many Amish. I loved the cockscomb flowers they sold everywhere. I bought a whole box for $2 and dried them for seeds so I could plant my own. But then I experienced my first reality shock concerning the Amish. I had assumed since they lived a simpler life everything about them was completely old-fashioned and natural. Imagine my horror when I saw Amish walking around with soda cans and store-bought ice cream. " Mom ," I said. "He's drinking soda!"  Left to right, back row: Jonny, Jonathan (Dad). Front row: Jacob, Keturah, Rebekah (Mom), Jonah (on Mom's

How Bad Can I Be?: Lyrics That Make You Go "Wow!"

How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of nature (principal of nature) That almost every creature knows Called survival of the fittest (survival of the fittest) And check it this is how it goes The animal that is has got to scratch and bite and claw and bite and punch And the animal that doesn't (well the animal that doesn't) winds up Someone else's lu-lu-lu-lu-unch! (I'm just saying') How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of business (principal of b

Peace During Patience

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” - Philippians 4:6 My family and I were sitting around the breakfast table several months ago. Mom had just read this verse. One of the kids laughed incredulously, “What is it saying? Be careful for nothing – live recklessly?” “No,” I answered quickly. My tone was very matter-of-fact, blunt, as if I were all-knowing. “It means do not worry.” The kids all nodded among themselves and life continued on for them. But for me life paused at my words. I had heard this verse soooooooo many times. I had always known what it meant. But now? Now it really meant something . “Do not worry.” This path I've chosen. I can not see it. I can not feel it. I do not know where I am. I have chosen to follow God, and no other. But why did He hide the light from my eyes? I must take a step forward. But I do not want to. How long w

Inside The Land Of The Free

Hello. My name is Greg.  I have a lot of time to think. Too much time. Sometimes I think about my life - why I am sitting in prison. I wonder what I could have done different - my life plays before my eyes. "If only..." But even I know that no amount of good works would have stopped tyranny from finding fault with me. It is cold. My clothes are thin. My stomach is empty - occasionally filled with food of no sustenance.  I hide my face in my knees - as if that will somehow protect me from the horrors of this dark cold dungeon.  They keep it cold to freeze me, this I know. It is a part of their game - to drive a lesson into me. As if I have a lesson to learn solely because I was convicted. Convicted, but not  guilty. Years.  68 years for standing against injustice. How many years have I sat in here? I have forgot. All I know is this question, "Was I fated for this? Did God grant my birth