Skip to main content

Children of Our Future



If we look at examples in the Bible, circumstances never stopped God's people from multiplying and becoming a mighty people.

In slavery and captivity (Exodus 1:7-12), in foreign lands (Jeremiah 29:4-6), during famine (Genesis 47:27), the command was still the same: "Be fruitful and multiply," Genesis 1:28.

Why was this?

Could it be that our mindset of needing a perfect atmosphere for children be harmful? If the world is falling apart don't we need something to build it up? What we really need is to have MANY children so that they rise and do what a few of us can not - change the world.


I know many of my readers aren't even married yet, but never-the-less this is an important issue that each individual should be decided on before they get into a relationship.

Especially if you are a Christian. It is for the cause of Yeshua (Jesus) that we want to prosper and grow. And the most efficient way of doing so is following God's plan (if you marry) to have lots of children and train them up for Him.


We don't fix problems by killing our army. But by raising the "soldiers" we make what no other can - soldiers full of conviction, ideals, and character, people who can and will be what the future needs.

We don't need a world empty of God-fearing "soldiers". Let the world kill off their own, but we Christians never! For we don't live in fear, but hope (Romans 8 and 2 Timothy 1:7).

Hope of a future that can and will be full of God's presence. 

To not have many children for fear of  the future is stupid. To hold back or kill our strength in a time of weakness is foolish.


What are your thoughts on this? Married or single, how do children affect your life?

Comments

  1. I agree with you. My Dad has always referred to us kids as 'arrows in his quiver'. I am unsure about exactly how many children a married couple should have, whether they should just have as many as they are blessed with, or is it right for them to put a limit on it after a certain number. I've read some opinions on this, and one author believed that a Christian couple should never purposefully exclude having children from their lives, but it was alright to limit the size of the family as long as they believed they had as many as they could raise. His personal opinion was 4 or 5 children. I'm not entirely decided on this matter, but I know that children should be welcomed with joy and thanksgiving, they are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How great to here from you again, Led! We should catch up!!!


      The question of how many children one should have is very debatable among some.

      The funny thing is MOST couple's can't have more than 4-6. Even large families average 8-12. It's rare to have a lot.

      The way I look at it - God will never give you more than you can handle, and will always make a way for us when things are tough :)

      Delete
    2. Haha....autocorrect changes your name to Led ;)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Living Like The Amish: Interviews With Three "English" Families PART I

Many people are obsessed with the Amish. I know at one time I was as well, and to a degree I still am. But my perception  has changed with experience. It started a long time ago when my family went to an Amish-held auction (no, it's not a place where you can buy Amish children, but a place where you can buy things from the Amish). I was eleven years old and enthralled to be surrounded by so many Amish. I loved the cockscomb flowers they sold everywhere. I bought a whole box for $2 and dried them for seeds so I could plant my own. But then I experienced my first reality shock concerning the Amish. I had assumed since they lived a simpler life everything about them was completely old-fashioned and natural. Imagine my horror when I saw Amish walking around with soda cans and store-bought ice cream. " Mom ," I said. "He's drinking soda!"  Left to right, back row: Jonny, Jonathan (Dad). Front row: Jacob, Keturah, Rebekah (Mom), Jonah (on Mom's

How Bad Can I Be?: Lyrics That Make You Go "Wow!"

How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of nature (principal of nature) That almost every creature knows Called survival of the fittest (survival of the fittest) And check it this is how it goes The animal that is has got to scratch and bite and claw and bite and punch And the animal that doesn't (well the animal that doesn't) winds up Someone else's lu-lu-lu-lu-unch! (I'm just saying') How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just following my destiny How ba-a-a-ad can I be? I'm just doin' what comes naturally How ba-a-a-ad can I be? How bad can I possibly be? Well, there's a principal of business (principal of b

Peace During Patience

“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” - Philippians 4:6 My family and I were sitting around the breakfast table several months ago. Mom had just read this verse. One of the kids laughed incredulously, “What is it saying? Be careful for nothing – live recklessly?” “No,” I answered quickly. My tone was very matter-of-fact, blunt, as if I were all-knowing. “It means do not worry.” The kids all nodded among themselves and life continued on for them. But for me life paused at my words. I had heard this verse soooooooo many times. I had always known what it meant. But now? Now it really meant something . “Do not worry.” This path I've chosen. I can not see it. I can not feel it. I do not know where I am. I have chosen to follow God, and no other. But why did He hide the light from my eyes? I must take a step forward. But I do not want to. How long w

Inside The Land Of The Free

Hello. My name is Greg.  I have a lot of time to think. Too much time. Sometimes I think about my life - why I am sitting in prison. I wonder what I could have done different - my life plays before my eyes. "If only..." But even I know that no amount of good works would have stopped tyranny from finding fault with me. It is cold. My clothes are thin. My stomach is empty - occasionally filled with food of no sustenance.  I hide my face in my knees - as if that will somehow protect me from the horrors of this dark cold dungeon.  They keep it cold to freeze me, this I know. It is a part of their game - to drive a lesson into me. As if I have a lesson to learn solely because I was convicted. Convicted, but not  guilty. Years.  68 years for standing against injustice. How many years have I sat in here? I have forgot. All I know is this question, "Was I fated for this? Did God grant my birth